Arid Forest Research Institute, situated at Jodhpur in Rajasthan (India ) , is one of the institutes of the Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education ( ICFRE ) working under the Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India. The Objective of the Institute is to carry out scientific research in forestry in order to provide technologies to increase the vegetative cover and to conserve the biodiversity in the hot arid and semi arid region of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Dadara & Nagar Haveli union territory. The Institute Campus covers 66 ha. of area on the New Pali Road, Jodhpur.
Thrust Areas of Research
- To develop techniques for rain water harvesting in arid areas.
- To develop technology for afforestation on stress sites.
- Eco-stabilization of deserts with emphasis on sand dune fixation.
- To develop techniques for production of high quality planting material.
- Provenance trial of important arid zone species.
- Studies on bio-fertilizers and biopesticides.
- Research on Non-Wood Forest Products of arid zone.
- Tree improvement through tissue culture & genetic engineering.
Appointments & Tenders